Saturday, October 29, 2005

Day 3 - HCMC


Both Dawn and I were completely knackered after a net cafe to tell everyone we were alive. Thoughts of maybe visiting a rooftop bar were replaced with thoughts of a cool shower and a good sleep. In the alley round the corner from the hotel Dawn grabbed a dessert of black sticky rice (black rice, peanut paste, chopped peanut, sugar and shredded coconut) before we hit the sack. The net time was 10,000VND for a couple of hours. That's about 90c. The rice cost 5,000VND.

The bed mattresses appear to be made of rubbery foam stuff (quite firm) that has holes right through it (to either make it lighter or breathe better or something). After our nap yesterday, Dawn who has some leg and foot swelling had the circular imprints on her arms from the holes. She looked like she had been embraced by a giant squid...no pictures though.

The fan in our room made some great white noise that drowned out the traffic sounds from the street and getting to sleep was pretty easy. I knew nothing more until somewhere, thoughts of kilometres south east of me, it was time to wake up and take the kids to school. Once I am awake I find it hard to get back to sleep, but as it was very dark and very early I slept until the sky turned grey. Rather than toss and turn I grabbed the camera and a bottle of water and headed out to the balcony.

I could take a million pictures here. Everything is something to look at , to marvel over, to try to understand. My hands however, are shaking from the heat and I fear the results of my happy snapping will be a blurred shaky mess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home